A couple little bits for you. First, I had to share this wonderful recipe tablehopper reader Leslie wrote in. (I know, and you thought it was just for dinner.) One thing that was challenging on the cleanse was what to eat for breakfast besides curried tofu and smoothies and oatmeal. This was such a treat, and I was amazed at how long this held me over into my day. And I am now in love with Artisana coconut butter.
Quinoa Breakfast Porridge
- Make a pot of quinoa. (It will last for about three mornings.)
- Reheat one portion of quinoa with lots of cinnamon and about 1/3 cup almond milk.
- Simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Right before you take it off the heat, add a couple of tablespoons of Artisana coconut butter (yummy stuff—it makes the quinoa creamy).
The folks at Artisana are over in Berkeley and they have a whole fabulous range of great jarred items.
In a brekkie bowl, add:
- 1/2 organic mango, cubed
- 1/2 apple, cut in pieces
- passion fruit or whatever fruit you like
- handful of chopped almonds
Toss and serve.