You gotta love my trainers at Titan (I do). Since everything counts during this month of overindulging, they put together a helpful list with ten tips for eating out (and not pigging out). Thanks guys!
1. Park further away or get off the bus a few stops early.
2. Eat half and take the other half to go. Typical servings at many restaurants are two per plate.
3. Avoid fried foods and go for baked, grilled, or roasted instead.
4. Have dressings, sauces, and gravies on the side to control portions, or avoid completely.
5. Have a snack before going to a restaurant.
6. Wear fitted clothes so you feel full faster.
7. Eat slower, savor each bite, and treat yourself to high-quality food. The better the bite, the sooner you’ll be satisfied.
8. Drink wine or light beer and stay away from mixed cocktails.
9. Ask for fruits or sorbet for dessert, even if it’s not on the menu.
10. Oh and umâ¦ please, for the good of all of mankind, stop eating mayonnaise with French fries!