Nice Drink Deals: Exotic Wine Flights, Unusual California Grape Varieties, Hidive Turns 10

HiDive_Ext_FB.jpg

Happy Birthday, Hidive! Photo from Facebook.

On Wednesday April 30th, catch a wine flight tasting of unusual wines at the ~FERRY PLAZA WINE MERCHANT~ with Deena Smith of The Henry Wine Group (she used to work at FPWM, and had a bunch of loyal customers when she was there). The tasting includes two-ounce pours of five different wines, all from unusual regions or featuring unusual grape varieties. The flights are only $15, and retail bottles of each wine will be 15 percent off, as well. The flights are available from 4:30pm-7:30pm. 1 Ferry Building, Shop 23, 415-391-9400.

Did you know that about 93 percent of the wine grapes planted in California are the same eight varieties? To celebrate the other 7 percent, check out a wine tasting from Bergamot Alley called the Seven % Solution on Thursday May 8th from 5pm-8pm. The event is being held at the Folsom Street Foundry and will feature more than 22 producers, including Arnot-Roberts, Copain, Donkey and Goat, Two Shepherds, and Unti Vineyards. Tickets are $65 per person. 1425 Folsom St. at 10th St., 415-795-3644. (There’s another event in Healdsburg on May 10th, FYI!)

Looking for an alfresco party to celebrate the gorgeous weather this week? You’re in luck! ~HIDIVE~ on the Embarcadero is turning 10 this week, and they’re throwing a party to celebrate! It’s on Thursday May 1st from 5pm-7pm. Their huge outdoor patio is the star, of course, along with live music, a photo booth, an open bar, and appetizers. The party is a benefit for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and a donation of $30 is suggested at the door. Pier 28, Embarcadero at Spear, 415-977-0170.