CUESA (the Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture) invites the community to come to the breakfast table on Saturday May 29th for its ninth annual ~SPRING BREAKFAST~, a fundraiser for CUESA’s educational programs. The Spring Breakfast menu is all feast and no fast, and will feature the best of spring produce from the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market. Plus guests will be seated with market sellers at every table. This is your chance to join in the celebration of spring’s abundance, and to share in the stories of the people who bring it to market each week.
Here’s the menu:
- Farm-fresh scrambled eggs with fava beans, green garlic, and peas or wild mushrooms from Hayes Street Grill.
- Roasted potatoes with fresh herbs
- Market lettuce, shaved radish, and chive blossom salad
- Blueberry pancakes
- Fresh strawberries, cherries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries with crème fraîche, yogurt, and honey
- Pastries, bread
- Artisan cheeses, handmade jams
- Coffee, tea, and juice
There will be three seatings, starting at 8:30am. Proceeds support CUESA’s educational programs, including weekly chef demonstrations, panel discussions, farm tours, and programs with guests such as Michael Pollan and Anna Lappe.
Saturday May 29, 2010
8:30am, 9:45am, and 11am seatings
$30 adults; $15 children 3–13; free for children under 3
Ferry Building, San Francisco
CUESA's Dacor teaching kitchen in the north arcade