Here’s a chance to enjoy great food and improve your karma too: ~TASTE & TRIBUTE~, the 10th annual benefit gala held by the Tibetan Aid Project, will grace the ballroom of the Four Seasons Hotel on Friday November 19th with the generous help of 24 stellar Bay Area chefs, who will work in pairs to create a gourmet, four-course dining experience for each table.
Chef Laurent Manrique has acted as coordinating chef since he first inspired the event in 2001. He is joined this year by the following chef pairs, plus the new addition of James Syhabout of Commis, who will present a unique vegetarian option:
- Bruce Hill of Bix/Picco, Liza Shaw of A16
- David Bazirgan of Fifth Floor, Robert Petzold of Bocadillos
- Jean-Pierre Moullé of Chez Panisse, Gerald Hirigoyen of Piperade/Bocadillos
- Khai Duong of Ana Mandara, Sean Baker of Gather
- David Kinch of Manresa, Joseph Humphrey of Murray Circle
- Bruno Chemel of Baumé, Martin Brock of Gary Danko
- Mark Dommen of One Market, Preston Dishman of Viognier
- Mark Richardson of Four Seasons Hotel, Peter Armellino of Plumed Horse
- Laurent Manrique, consultant chef; Patrick Albert of Café de la Presse; Xavier Salomon of The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
- Ben Cohn of Spruce, Dimitry Elperin of The Village Pub
- Elizabeth Falkner of Citizen Cake/Orson, Morgan Mueller of Jardinière
Vegetarian chef: James Syhabout of Commis
See the full menu here. The event also includes fine wines, and a live and silent auction with vacation packages, handmade Tibetan art, and wine tastings. Seating is limited to 220 guests, and tickets are $350 per person.
Proceeds support Tibetan Aid Project’s efforts to preserve and rebuild Tibet’s endangered cultural heritage through the production and shipment of traditional texts, art prints, and prayer wheels to Tibetan refugees in the Himalayan region, helping to keep their language and culture alive.
Friday Nov 19, 2010
$350 per person
Four Seasons Hotel
757 Market St., San Francisco; enter on Stevenson