Sutter Home’s search for the best burger in America in the Sutter Home “Build a Better Burger” recipe contest is almost closed for entries. On Monday September 2nd, 2013, all recipes must be locked in. What better way to spend your Labor Day weekend than to create a winning burger?!
So, muster up your culinary mojo and mastermind the perfect patty. Don’t skimp on ingredients because you will be judged on creativity, taste, and visual appeal. Sutter Home will select 10 lucky entrants as “Cook-Off Finalists” in early January 2014. The finalists will receive an all-expenses-paid trip/stay in the Napa Valley for four days for the cook-off. At the event, the finalists will prepare their recipes and the burgers will be tasted and scored by a panel of judges comprised of notable chefs and culinary professionals who will decide the ultimate winners.
How to Enter
Enter online at sutterhome.com or by mail until September 2nd, 2013.
- To enter online, click here and look for the contest entry icon.
- Just enter your date of birth; you must be 21 to enter.
- Fill in the entry form, including your original recipe name, category, inspiration for the recipe, ingredients, bread/bun type, step-by-step cooking instructions, and suggested wine pairings.
Alternatively, you can enter by mail by following these instructions.
Sutter Home’s “Build a Better Burger” Prizes
After selecting 10 finalists, Sutter Home’s cook-off judging panel will award the following cash prizes:
· $100,000 for the Grand Prize Winner for the Best Beef Burger
· $15,000 for the Best Alternative Burger Winner
· $500 for the First Runner-Up for both Best Beef and Best Alternative Burgers
· $250 for the Second Runner-Up for both Best Beef and Best Alternative Burgers
· $2,500 for People’s Choice Award (guests attending the cook-off will vote to choose their favorite burger from each category—each will receive a cash prize of $2,500)
Enter now and good luck!