Photo courtesy of North Berkeley Wine
Winos, here's a playpen for you: ~NORTH BERKELEY WINE~ is hosting an exclusive wine tasting at the W Hotel. They import from France, Italy and South America from small production winemakers, artisans really, who generally own their vineyards, hand harvest and create handcrafted, quality wines. Six of their top producers are making the trip for this event and will be available for questions, discussion, and tasting with over forty wines presented, from affordable table wine to Grand Cru Pinot Noir to top-end Châteauneuf-du-Pape to pre-release Barolo, among others. The tasting will be catered by XYZ restaurant.
Present at the event will be:
• Frederic Magnien, Morey-St.-Denis: Magnien is undoubtedly one of the top winemakers in Burgundy today. The fifth generation of a long line of Burgundy vignerons, Magnien not only makes wine under his own label, but also is the winemaker for his father's domaine, Michel Magnien.
• Jean-Laurent and Jean-Dominique Vacheron, Sancerre: A dynamic team from Sancerre, these two cousins craft some of the finest, terroir-driven, organically produced Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir in the Loire Valley.
• Sylvie Vacheron and Bruno Gaspard, Châteauneuf-du-Pape: A leading domaine in the southern Rhône, Domaine du Caillou crafts noble Châteauneuf wines and outstanding Côtes du Rhône cuvées that are consistently praised every vintage by the wine press.
• Marco Parusso, Piedmont: An uncompromising artist, Parusso is a terroir specialist—his many holdings in Piedmont are some of the finest vineyards around. World-class Barolo, classic, vibrant Barbera, terroir-driven Nebbiolo—there is nothing that Parusso can't do.
• Andrea Crocenzi, Le Marche: Proprietor/grower Andrea Crocenzi has pushed winemaking to new heights at this Italian winery that overlooks the Adriatic, with lower yields and more natural vinification. You'll be dazzled by his juicy Montepulciano and his zesty Verdicchio cuvées.
• Sergio Reyes, Chile: From one of the premier organic/biodynamic estates in Chile today, Reyes is an expert in natural winemaking processes and represents a new wave of artisans dedicated to crafting quality, terroir-driven Chilean wines.
North Berkeley Wine Tasting
Wed., Jan. 10, 2007
181 3rd St.
Cross: Howard St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
$125 per person