Here's an event where the food won't suck. In fact, it's one of the better annual food events in the City. ~THE GOURMET WINE CELLAR SAN FRANCISCO~, presented by Gourmet magazine, returns to the Ferry Building. The event brings together San Francisco's top chefs along with local winemakers, farmers, and artisan food purveyors. The event will benefit CUESA: Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture, manager of the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market.
And checkity-check it: Tablehopper readers get $10 off the ticket price: just enter the promo code MT.
The evening will include seminars with winemakers, sommeliers (like Stephane Lacroix from the Ritz Carlton SF and Raj Parr, the Wine Director for the Michael Mina Group), and tastings from San Francisco's top chefs (a few of the dishes I've heard about are a Lobster Croque Monsieur and Lobster Cappuccino with Orange Vanilla Cream from Roland Passot, and Scott Howard will be serving his incomparable Carrot Soup with Chervil Sabayon Truffle Oil, purr). Admission includes a special cooking demonstration and book signing by Sara Moulton, Gourmet Executive Chef, as well as an educational and entertaining Wine Lab, hosted by Gourmet Wine & Spirits Consultant Michael Green.
Check out the line-up of local chefs that will be rocking it:
- Paul Arenstam, Executive Chef, Americano
- Arnold Eric Wong, Executive Chef, Bacar and EOS Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Bruce Hill, Executive Chef, Bix
- Douglas Keane, Executive Chef, Cyrus
- Roland Passot, Executive Chef, La Folie
- Mark Dommen, Chef, One Market
- Scott Howard, Executive Chef, Scott Howard
- Ron Siegal, Executive Chef, The Dining Room at The Ritz-Carlton
- Mitch and Steven Rosenthal, Executive Chefs, Town Hall
And more to come… see you there?!
Gourmet Wine Cellar San Francisco
Thursday, Nov. 16, 2006
The Ferry Building
The Grand Hall
$90 per person prior to October 31, $100 after.
$10 off for tablehopper readers: enter promo code MT
Purchase tickets here or call 1-877-490-3337